We have just 2 rooms to rent, single or double, and we can add an extra single bed. Hence to accommodate up to 5 people at a time.
Radha & Krishna Room
The Radha & Krishna Room holds its name after the gorgeous mural of Radha and Krishna offered to us by French painter and glass spinner artist Pâquerette Charlas. It is located on the ground floor of our house, in a semi-detached courtyard, which will offer you great privacy. In the summer, the room is fitted with an air-cooler as well as the fan.
Our Peacock Room was also named after a (smaller) painting by Pâquerette Charlas. This room is well insulated from the heat during the hot season, and it is fitted with air-conditioning as well as the fan. The AC is optional and the price of the room depends on whether you want to use it, so please let us know if you do. Of course, you can book the room without AC first and decide to use it once you are with us.
Our bathroom is shared, but our guests have priority and we make sure it is clean at all times. Hot water is available 24/7 in the shower.
- Mosquito-repellent plug
- Mosquito net (on request)
- Air-cooler (Radha & Krishna Room only)
- Air-conditioning (Peacock Room only)
- Electric heater (extra charge)
- Free WiFi in the entire building
- Table & cupboard
- Our house is fitted with battery & inverter so there will be no power cuts in your rooms.
- Filtered water refill
- Breakfast & meals
- TV in the upstairs living room
- Check-in: between 7:00 and 23:00.
Check-out: please vacate your room before 10:00 am. We can store your luggage if you’re travelling later.
- Smoking: Please do not smoke in your room or within the house. You can smoke in the courtyard outside the Radha & Krishna Room, on the terrace, on the rooftop, or on our front steps while watching the cows and goats pass by!
- Shoes: We ask our guests to remove their shoes to go upstairs.
- Bed size: Please note that our beds are 124 cm x 188 cm. It might be too small for two big people or if you don’t like to snuggle with your partner.
Click to check out our full price list.
Rest of the house
We will do our best to respect your way of life, whether you wish to share part of our family life, or if you prefer to keep to yourself. You are welcome to come upstairs for a chat or to chill out on our terrace. Our rooftop is also great for yoga practice (not when it is too hot or during monsoon!) or to hang your laundry up and it has an amazing view on the Old Village.
Most visitors really enjoy the calmness and the greenery of Khajuraho, especially after travelling through busy, noisy Indian cities for a long time. Our house is located at the edge of the old village of Khajuraho, just 10 minutes walking distance from the city centre. This offers especially beautiful and peaceful surroundings.
You will not only enjoy the lovely view of the Nanora lake, the pipal tree (which was planted by Vijay and Ravi’s father many years ago) and the Brahma Temple. From the rooftop, we also have a splendid view of the old village, the Javari and Vamana temples, and the beautiful rural scenery all around…