Frequently asked questions
Friends in Khajuraho
Homestay, friendly homestay
1. How far is your house from main city?
We are located about 1 km from the main "market"
2. How much does it take to reach by vehicle ?
It takes just about 2-5 minutes by auto-rickshaw
or motorbike depending where you are in the
3. Can you arrange for transportation?
Yes, we will do our best to come and pick you up
from the station or
the airport. While you are in Khajuraho we can
also guide you and take
you places by motorbike, or you can rent one of
4. How far are you from the Khajuraho temples?
The temples are spread out around Khajuraho. The
Brahma temple is right
in front of our house. The Vamana and Javari
temples (part of the
eastern group of temples) are located 2-5 minutes
walk from our home. The Jain
temples and the Western temples are located about
5 km from our home.
5. Is there network for mobiles?
6. Is wifi or internet available?
Yes, you can use our computer to check internet
for 30 rupees per hour, and our wifi connection is
free and available in both rooms if you have your
7. Is food home-made or does it come from a
Our food is home-made, by a caring mother.
8. Is non-vegetarian food available and
No. Sorry, we are vegetarians. We don't cook eggs
9. Are restaurants far away from your place?
The restaurants are located in the main market, so
about 1-5 km from our home.
10. Can guests cook or use the kitchen?
No. Due to Hindu customs, Mummy doesn't like
guests to use our
kitchen, but she will cook for you and make chai
etc. whenever you want.
11. Do you provide filtered water?
Yes. We have a UV & RO ("reverse osmosis")
water filter, so you
shouldn't have any problem with drinking our
water; however we sell
mineral water bottles as well if you prefer.
12. Is the property run by the owner or by
By their owner.
13. What is the total number of bedrooms?
We have 2 bedrooms with 1 possible extra bed (charpoy).
14. What type of bed are there in the
Both our beds are standard-size double beds with
a thick, firm mattress. The extra bed is a charpoy with a thin mattress
15. What is the total number of bathrooms and
are they Indian/Western?
We have just one (shared) Western bathroom for
guests, with hot shower
as well as Western toilet with flush and toilet
paper. (We have
another, Indian, bathroom for the family.)
16. How often is the cleaning done and how
often is linen changed?
Depending on how many days the guests stay, this
is up to their request.
17. Are credit and debit card accepted? Where
is the nearest ATM ?
We don't accept credit and debit card at the
moment, but the nearest
ATM is less than 1 km from our home and there
are quite a few ATMs in
the main "market".
Do not hesitate to contact
us if you have any more questions.